I’ve mentioned my love of music before. Sometimes I think I love running so much because it gives me a chance to listen to music for hours on end. One of my favorite things to do is hear music live, whether it’s with friends or alone. Music has helped me through some REALLY tough times. I love all music, but there are several types I REALLY love: electronic/dance like Daft Punk, French Pop, jazz, and alternative/indie/rock. I definitely credit my love of it to one of my best friends, Soufi, and my sister (thanks for the endless knowledge of Hole lyrics). I add a few new songs to my playlist each month, keeping all the old ones. Yep, I have had Black Eyed Pea’s Meet Me Halfway on my playlist for about 8 years now! Here’s what I love listening to these days, new and old!
- Charlie XCX– Doing it (w/Rita Ora): This song is fun!
- Indila– I partly love this song because of the memory attached to it…driving in the mountains of Vancouver this Summer with my favorite cousin, Mani. We share a love of French Pop, the mountains, and blaring music with the windows down. We listened to this on repeat before going for a 12 mile hike.
- Boston– More than a Feeling: Here’s a little secret…I start EVERY marathon with this song. Each of my 18 marathons. I’ve had it on my iPod for the past 10 years, and the only time I don’t skip over it is at the start line of 26.2. Just one “race-day-tradition.” Every time I hear it, I’m taken back to my first marathon in 2007. THE BEST FEELING.
- Daft Punk– Touch it/Technologic: ALL Daft Punk. I’ll never get enough. Seeing them live is on my bucket list.
- Phantogram– You’re Mine: I love this duo, and got lucky enough to see their show in Vegas in October. One of the best live shows I’ve seen in a long time.
- Santigold– Disparate Youth: I don’t ever not listen to this on repeat at least 3 times in a row.
- Stromae– Papaoutai: One day I will learn French so I can understand all these lyrics. Until then, I’ll just run to the songs!
- The Weeknd– Can’t Feel My Face: I don’t really care what the song is about (Google it), it makes me want to dance…and run more!